Watermountain Studio offers training and coaching in public speaking, presentation, and conversational services to the business and non-profit communities of western Massachusetts. We also provide support through graphic design, copywriting and messaging to businesses and non-profit organizations.
We give advice around here. We try to be in the advice giving business along the lines of “skin in the game” a la Nicholas Nassim Taleb — we’re not going to tell you what YOU should do; we’re going to tell you what WE do.
In the last year, we’ve coached individuals, non-profits, a state government agency, and several small businesses to their own standards for success — through copy-writing, speech presentation, design methods, and technical support. We have broad range of skills to put at your disposal.
Here are some things we’ve done:
- redesigned a trifold brochure for a state government agency and helped them develop an overall brand style;
- coached a specialty food sales team on how to talk about their product;
- designed and made banners for a community club organization;
- coached individuals on developing presentations for a non-profit community development night;
- coached a company on making better presentations in a time-limited way;
- advised a university library on developing a MakerSpace and Maker program;
- advised a private K-8 school on developing a Maker program.
A typical coaching arrangement begins with two hours of twenty-minute coaching sessions on developing a single presentation, and helping a presenter develop a strong voice for presenting in a timely, confident manner. Further assistance can also be provided.